Murata further expands its OKD series of digital PoL DC-DC converters by launching the 90 A/162 W OKDx-T/90 series. This is the highest current-rated product in the OKD series, which already provides solutions from 6 A to 60 A. The OKDx-T/90 series is ideally suited for FPGA and processor applications. The module is specified to operate over a VIN range of 7.5 V to 14 V and provides a user-adjustable VOUT in the range of 0.6 VDC to 1.8 VDC with industry leading efficiency of 94%. The OKDx-T/90 is available in three different package configurations.
The OKDx-T/90 is ideal for space-constrained embedded applications where performance is critical to the application. Critical performance parameters are fully accessible through the PMBus via the Murata Power Designer GUI software. The OKDx-T/90-W12 series converters are delivered with a default firmware configuration suitable for a wide operating range in terms of input voltage, output voltage, and loading conditions. The OKDx-T/90 operates over a VIN range from 7.5 V to 14 V; VOUT can be adjusted from 0.6 V to 1.8 V, with a typical efficiency of 94% with 12 VIN, at 1.8 V out and 50% load.
The converters are suitable for any application requiring high current processor power, particularly in areas such as networking, computing/servers, telecom, powering FPGAs, CPUs, programmable logic, mixed voltage systems, advanced computing, and all distributed power applications.
- Input voltage range of 7.5 VDC to 14VDC
- 0.6 V to 1.8 V output voltage range
- High efficiency, typ. 94.3% at 12VIN, 1.8 VOUT half-load
- Configuration and monitoring via PMBus
- Synchronization and phase spreading
- Current sharing, voltage tracking, and voltage margining
- MTBF 14.95 Mhrs
- Non-linear response for reduction of decoupling capacitor
- Remote on/off control and power good
- Output short-circuit, output overvoltage, and over temperature protection
- Certified to UL/IEC 60950-1